Parma: full-day private food&wine tour “Culatello And More”
from start from €115 Show more ►
Put your foggiest coat on and breath in the musky smell of the region surrounding the great Po river. Amidst this unique atmosphere, discover the centuries-old tradition of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and enter the old ageing cellars where we look after the secrets of the most prestigious of our hams, Culatello di Zibello. Complete your tour visiting Fontanellato castle and we bet you will leave with memories of a region that can bring twinkles to the eyes of both food and art lovers.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point
Departure Time9:00 am. Later departure can be arranged upon request.
Return Time5:00 pm approx.
Extra InfoExtra Info: For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour. We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience!
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admission ticket to all factories
- Lunch (3 courses, wine and drinks included)
- Private transportation (if option selected)
Meet your guide by 09:00 am in Parma
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE:
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Enter an historic villa where a family keeps the wine tradition alive, in full respect of nature
- Try some boutique production wines, such as Lambrusco, Merlot and Barbera, coming from grapes that are still harvested by hand
- Enjoy the best local wines with a rich aperitivo
- A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies. In this traditional and cosy restaurant, you will be welcomed by the best Parma cuisine can offer: culatello, tortelli with ricotta cheese and spinach, fresh pasta and cakes are waiting for you to be enjoyed, with some bubbly local wine
- If you have any diet restrictions or food intolerances, please inform us after booking the tour and we will try to offer a suitable menu solution for you
CULATELLO DI ZIBELLO
- The intense smell of fog takes accompanies you to visit the aging cellars of Culatello, the most prestigious Italian ham with a noble history
- Admire some unique Culatello hams pre-ordered by chef Massimo Bottura, Prince Charles and many more lovers of Culatello di Zibello
- Savour the overwhelming aroma of Culatello together with other local cold cuts
Return to Parma at 5:00 pm
All details and prices refer to our standard tour with departure from Parma. You can start this tour:
- From your accommodation in Parma. Please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: Please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the “Roadhouse Restaurant”, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, 43122 Parma (PR).
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote!