Hop on TastyBus and discover Parma food tradition at its finest. Start your tour from Parma main square, meet your guide and listen to fascinating food(ies) stories. Let the best flavour of the food valley take you on the tastiest journey ever.
Choose the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Parma ham option (half-day tour) or round off your day with a traditional lunch and visit a traditional balsamic vinegar production house (full-day tour). You will enjoy Parma on a tour filled with fun, laughter and great food!
Meeting PointTourist Information Office - Address: Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, 43121 Parma (PR)
Departure Time9:30 am
Return TimeHalf-day tour: 2:00 pm; full-day tour: 5:00 pm
Extra InfoFrom 1 April until 31 October, maximum group size is 20 people. During off-peak season (from 2 November to 31 March) this tour is conducted by car with 6 seats available only.
- Admission tickets to all factories
- Tasting incl. local wine
- English/Italian-speaking guide
- Transfer by minibus
- Light lunch (full-day option ONLY)
- Meet your guide at 09:30 am in Piazza Garibaldi and hop on Tastybus.
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE:
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy. Learn every step of the natural making process that leads to the “birth” of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
- Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside. The sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making
- Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham, from careful meat selection until its meticulous ageing
- Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and more local cold cuts
- If you chose the half-day option, that’s the end of your tour. You will be back in Piazza Garibaldi at 2:00 pm approx.
- If you chose the full-day option, Tastybus continues with:
- A good old trattoria is a must-stop for all foodies. In this traditional and cosy restaurant, try the best Parma cuisine can offer, matched with a nice glass of local wine
- Your menu includes starters, tortelli d’erbetta (homemade pasta filled with ricotta cheese and spinach), seasonal dessert, a glass of Lambrusco wine, water, coffee*
TRADITIONAL BALSAMIC VINEGAR:
- Enter a 300-years-old mansion and smell the unique scent of traditional balsamic vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life
- Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years
- Savour balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it with meat tartare, seafood and desserts
- Return to Piazza Garibaldi at approx. 5:00 pm.
- Tourist Information Office in Piazza Garibaldi. Once you reach Piazza Garibaldi, you will see a beautiful yellow clock palace and Garibaldi statue. Your “Tastybus” minibus is waiting for you across the road, on the opposite side of the square. Should you have any trouble finding it, ask for more information inside the Tourist Information Office. Its address is: Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, 43121 Parma (PR).
- Parking. If you are planning to drive to Parma from another city, please consider that the meeting point is located within a “limited traffic zone” area where cars are not allowed to circulate. We suggest leaving your car in a car park. The most convenient is Parcheggio Toschi, (Address: Viale IV Novembre, 43121 Parma PR) which is located 10 minutes walk from the meeting point.
- Departure time. We strongly recommend arriving at the meeting point at least 10 minutes in advance. Due to tour schedule, the bus cannot leave later than 09:30 am. Should you be running late, please contact us immediately and we will tell you how to join the group independently at the first stop.