Bologna: taste and tour
from start from €40 Show more ►
Rich in art and culture, Bologna enchants you with its long colonnades and poetic windows overlooking river Reno. Other than its unique atmosphere, Bologna also boasts amazing food products. Admire the city iconic monuments, its colourful market and the local shops displaying cheese, ham and many local delicacies that only this region can offer. Fall in love with the city while walking through its boroughs filled with the flavours of centuries-old cuisine.
Meeting PointFontana del Nettuno - Address: Piazza del Nettuno, 40124 Bologna BO
Departure Time10:00 am
Return Time1:30 pm approx.
Extra InfoWe are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience!
- English/Italian-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admissions to all specified attractions
- Tasting as per tour itinerary
Meet your guide in the city centre of Bologna, in front of the Fountain of Neptune, at 10:00 am
- Start your tour discovering more about Piazza Maggiore, the main square, surrounded by historical palaces Palazzo d’Accursio and Palazzo del Podesta with the famous Voltone
- Visit the San Petronio Cathedral with its panoramic terrace (lift available). From there, admire the roofs of the city, and discover why the Bologna was nicknamed “La Rossa”
- Stop at the Archiginnasio courtyard, once home to the University of Bologna. Thanks to this institution, the city was nicknamed “La Dotta”. Discover which medicine was prepared in this courtyard and who was the first “American” student of the University
- Stroll through Bologna most beautiful market and stop by its most typical shops, called 'botteghe'. Take a delicious break in one of these shops to taste some of the local cheese and cold cuts. No wonder why the city was also nicknamed “La Grassa”!
- Continue your market visit in one of the oldest pasta shops in Bologna. Step inside the laboratory and meet the main pasta maker, Signora Edda, who will reveal the secrets of tortellini Bolognesi and… test your pasta-making skills!
- Round off your market experience with the tasting of some typical pastries from Bologna accompanied by a glass of local sparkling wine.
DUE TORRI AND JEWISH GHETTO
- Arrive at the famous symbols of Bologna: Le Due Torri, the towers, one of which is the tallest leaning medieval tower in the world, and discover what is the connection between the towers and tagliatelle. For those who have a sweet tooth, you can also add a quick stop and try one of the best gelato in the city (not included in the price)
- Last stop is the so-called Jewish Ghetto with its beautiful palaces. These buildings used to belong to rich Jewish merchants and bankers and have later been converted into charming artisan shops.
Finish your tour near the Fountain of Neptune at 1:30 pm approx.
The meeting point for this tour is Fontana del Nettuno. Address: Piazza del Nettuno, 40124 Bologna (BO) If you wish to meet your guide in a more convenient meeting point, such as your accomodation in Bologna, let us know in advance and we will be happy to customize the itinerary for you.