Parma: half day private food tour
from start from €65 Show more ►
Parma is a small city that boasts an incredibly rich food culture which can cater to all types of travellers. If you only have half a day to discover it, you can create your own tour by choosing two of the most famous food products of the food valley: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Parma ham and traditional balsamic vinegar. While you observe the “masters” at work and the results of their efforts, you will develop a deep appreciation for our products and their tradition.
Meeting PointParma - your accommodation or preferred pick-up point.
Departure Time9:00 am. Later departure can be arranged upon request.
Return Time4:30 pm
Extra InfoWhen booking, please inform us of which TWO experiences you decided to include in your tour among the three available options. Contact us for any advice! For this tour, private transport is necessary to reach all venues. Please select “transport included” if you wish to include chauffeur service for this tour. Please select “self-drive tour” if you have your own car and intend to drive for the duration of your tour. We are happy to customize all tours according to your preferences. Contact us to create your perfect experience!
- English/Italian speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- Admittance to all factories
- Private transport (if option selected)
Meet your guide at 9:00 am in Parma
PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE:
- Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese dairy and learn about every step of the natural making process that leads to the birth of the king of all cheeses
- Enter the impressive ageing rooms and walk surrounded by 5000 Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheels
- Taste cheese of different ages and savour how it improves over time
CHOOSE YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCE
- Travel through the beautiful Parma countryside. The sea breeze crosses the hills and makes this area ideal for Parma ham making
- Inside a Parma ham factory, follow the journey of this prestigious ham from the careful selection of the meat until its meticulous ageing
- Taste the unique sweetness of Parma ham and other local cold cuts
TRADITIONAL BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Enter an antique mansion and smell the unique scent of traditional balsamic vinegar. Listen to the story of a family that considers vinegar its most precious gift in life
- Admire barrels filled with black gold, aged up to 25 years
- Savour balsamic vinegar of different ages and discover unusual (and incredibly yummy!) recipes combining it meat tartare, seafood and desserts
Return to Parma at 1:00 pm approx
All details and prices refer to our standard tour with departure from Parma. You can start this tour:
- From your accommodation in Parma: please let us know the name and address of your accommodation in Parma so your guide can meet you there.
- For “transport included” option: please note that some accommodations in the city centre are located in pedestrian areas where car access is prohibited. Therefore, your guide will meet you at your accommodation and you will walk together to the driver meeting point.
- From Parma train station. Please let us know your arrival time and train number. Your guide will meet you at the train station in front of the ticket office with a sign displaying your name.
- From Parma highway exit. If you are planning to reach Parma by car from another city, your guide will wait for you in front of the “Roadhouse Restaurant”, which is just outside Parma highway exit. Your guide will be holding a sign displaying your name. The meeting point address is: Viale delle Esposizioni, 3/A, 43122 Parma (PR)
- From other cities with chauffeur service. Pick up from other cities is available at extra charge. Contact us to receive our best quote!